So I know most of you probably think that it is the absolute worst thing to get your Eyelash Extensions Calgary wet! So you would also think that cleansing them is a big no no & cleansing them daily is just complete crazy-talk!
I’m sorry, but you couldn’t be more wrong!
Cleaning you Eyelash Extensions Calgary daily is one of the most important things you can do for your lashes! Not only will they keep them clean, they will keep them lasting long!
WHAT?! They will last longer if I wash them?! This seems crazy!
So your face, and lashes/eyelids, creates oils. Some people tend to have oilier skin than others, but we all produce some amount of it daily. And since oil is one of the #1 reasons for premature eyelash extension loss, you definitely need to keep that oil level under control. So while you are trying to get rid of some of those oils by cleansing you do not want to use a oil based cleanser. Not only does this defeat the purpose it will literally ruin the integrity of the adhesive and majority of your Eyelash Extensions Calgary will fall out. Definitely make sure that your cleanser is oil free! Your Lash Artist should be able to recommend some for you! (LUXLOX sells SugarLash LashPure cleanser which is also a great oil-free make up remover).
Okay so keeping your lashes lasting longer isn’t the only reason to cleanse your Eyelash Extensions Calgary daily. You will also:
- Keep your Eyelids and Lashes free of any dirt or debris.
- Fully get off all makeup that you wore that day/night.
- Clean away any bacteria!
Let’s touch on the bacteria topic real quick! Many of you won’t know this but there is an extremely common bacteria that likes to grow on eyelids and lashes called staphylococcus. Staphylococcus causes Blepharitis which is an infection of the Eyelash Follicle! This can be easily caused by not cleansing your lashes daily and not removing your make up at the end of each day!
Symptoms may include: burning, grittiness, sensitivity to light and crusting or redness of the eyelid margins. It has also been associated with styes. About 30% of the general population suffers from this condition (either knowingly or unknowingly).
Thankfully this is just an infection and can easily be treated with proper cleansing while using SugarLash LashPure Eyelash Cleanser.
Steps to Cleansing Your Eyelash Extensions:
- Using your fingertips or a brush (I prefer a lash cleansing brush) gently work the lash shampoo into your eyelashes. Make sure to get up on your eyelids and to each corner of your eyes! (Use a downward motion so not to twist or pull at your lashes).
- Throughly rinse with water. Do not use a cotton swab or cloth. Splashing or running water over your eyelids is the best way.
- Dry with a hair dryer on a low temperature setting with a low speed. Hold the hair dryer below your face and use a upward flow to dry the lashes to ensure that the lashes continue to have an upward curl!
- Once dry comb through with your clean lash brush/mascara spoolie.
Do this daily right before bed t ensure that you have cleaned all make-up and oil off from the day! You will have healthier lashes and a much longer Eyelash Extensions life!
If you are interested in getting Eyelash Extensions Calgary and don’t want to spend all that money on your first service we totally get that! If you click here you can find out how you can save 15% off your first visit!